Wednesday, January 02, 2008

a big year...handing over the frothing jug

2007 has been a huge year: the Café of the Gate of Salvation undertook a really successful tour of New Zealand, I had a wonderful time running workshops in Samoa, Paris and Vancouver, I took the Band of Angels to sing in Memphis and Chicago and visited New Orleans for the first time since Hurricane Katrina. I worked with the All Blacks. Turned 60 and sang at Sam Neill and Bryan Brown's 60th. Sold the Bondi flat where we've been happily living for 6 years, and we're heading north this year to become trailer trash in Queensland.

But possibly the biggest change has been quitting the Café of the Gate of Salvation after 21 years of manning the machine. It's time for change and I have no doubt that the choir will go on to bigger and better things. I will still be supplying the choir with songs and arrangements and will do some gigs with them from time to time. I thank the choir for a fabulous 21 years of music and love and learning, for being my family. What's the next song?

No comments: